Establish an inclusive AIVs seed system in Uganda, to enhance uptake and utilization of quality AIV seed for sustainable production of Vegetables
Basic components which include:
- Seed policy and regulatory framework
- Variety evaluation, registration and release
- Extension / Advisory services
- Seed production and quality control
- Seed marketing and distribution
- Value adding activities at rural level
- Enhanced capacity of 50 women and youth groups for production AIVs seeds
- Increased utilization of quality assurance services for AIV seed production.
- Developed business models for certified AIV seed production and marketing.
- Optimized scales of production for the AIVs seed system.
- Increased economic women power and decision making at household and community level.